FHPW EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
EF Mission Statement
The mission of the Federation of Houston Professional Women Educational Foundation (FHPWEF) is to award scholarships and gifts to aid and advance the education and knowledge of women in the community.
2020 FHPW EF Board of Directors
New Way to Support the EF and Scholarships All Year
Dear Members of FHPW:
The Federation of Houston Professional Women Education Foundation (FHPW EF) has an account with the Amazon Smile Charity Network. FHPW EF raises funds for the scholarships every year and have since 1980. We ask that you to join us in using Amazon Smile as a simple way to raise more funds for scholarships.
Thank you so much or participating in building scholarships for women by supporting the Educational Foundation.
EF Governing Board
The Foundation Governing Board includes the current Federation President and President-Elect plus up to ten EF board members. The board members are nominated by a committee consisting of the FHPW EF President and one appointed member from the Educational Foundation Board and the current FHPW President. The Foundation's voting body for election of annual officers is the Foundation Governing Board and the Federation Board of Directors.
Founded in 1993, FHPW EF received non-profit status under IRS Code Section 501(c) 3 in 1994 and continues to be a non-profit all-volunteer organization. Since 1997, the Foundation has given in excess of $530,000 in scholarships and educational grants to women and young girls in the greater Houston area.
Ways to contribute to the Educational Foundation
- Organizations (particularly those which do not have IRS non-profit status) make scholarship contributions to FHPW EF, then FHPW EF selects and awards the scholarship(s) according to the contributing organization's guidelines
- Individuals and organizations make outright gifts to FHPW EF
- Attend various events hosted by the EF throughout the year
- Attend the FHPW Annual Gala and participate in the Silent Auction
- Women of Excellence Club Members - membership donations go to the EF in support of scholarships
For more information about the Educational Foundation - making donations, supporting activities or our ongoing scholarship program - send an email to email@example.com or complete the form below to contact the EF. To donate directly to the Educational Foundation, use our PayPal link.
See the 2020 Scholarship Recipients Here
Scholarship Application Requirement FAQs
Please have these things ready before you complete the online scholarship application form. The application form is open November 1, 2021 and can be found here.
- Applicants must be female
- Applicants must be a Texas resident
- Applicant must plan to attend a Texas College or University or an accredited online college university
- Must have completed at least 30 semester hours of credit as of 12/31/21
- Applicant must be enrolled to take 6 or more credits
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale